Who is it for?
This qualification is suitable for anyone:
- aspiring to be in a key HR support role
- working in the field of HR in a support role and wanting to re-assess and develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours as an HR practitioner
- working in the field of HR and wishing to develop your understanding of organisations and the organisational context of HR
- interested in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to enhance your professional practice and develop your career
- working in a management role and wishing to develop your people management skills
What is it about?
The Foundation Certificate in Human Resource Practice has been designed to equip HR professionals or those aspiring to enter the field of HR with a broad understanding of the of the HR role. HR practitioners are required not only to understand their role within the business but also to understand the environment in which their business operates. Only then can they truly add value by demonstrating their HR skills and knowledge. The Human Resources Department is at the heart of all great businesses and this qualification provides the knowledge of the key areas that a professional working in this field would need.
CIPD Foundation qualifications provide a broad range of relevant and practical knowledge and skills, incorporating latest thinking, technology and practices. The qualifications are on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) at level 3 in England and the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) at level 4.
We specialise in flexible learning solutions tailored to your needs. The combination of elements can include workbooks, assignments, self-study, guided learning and evidence collation. You can select from three main delivery options:
- Workshops (active learning) – for candidates who prefer to participate in planned interactive sessions, have exposure to other learners and different organisational practices. They provide an ideal learning environment to facilitate practical activities, group discussion and networking opportunities. Workshops are scheduled on a regular basis.
- Bespoke – for candidates who prefer to have a personalised programme, combining 1-to-1 meetings, directed learning and developmental exercises with minimal time away from work.
- Distance learning – for candidates who prefer to work mainly by themselves with supported learning materials, and using our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) where available, allowing individuals to work at their own pace with maximum flexibility.